Hello Robotics Club Members,
I believe this is my first official newsletter to you as the new Robotics Club President. I wanted to email you about some of the changes going on this summer and coming year, and tell you about a potential project revival. The officers of the Cal Poly Robotics Club have been planning hard this summer towards these changes, to name a few:
- New Meeting Format: Every Tuesday, 11am-12pm, there will be a meeting. The meeting will cycle from Officer Meeting –> General Meeting –> Seminar Meeting. Saturday will still be build day meetings from 10am-2pm.
- New Club Access: Club Access is still being worked on. However, the plan is for ALL Officers & Project Leaders to have club room access. If you were a project leader last quarter, and are serious about continuing that project, please contact the officers immediately at calpolyrobotics-officers@
googlegroups.com! We need this information ASAP.
- Robotics Club Office Hours: As president of the Robotics Club, I’ve decided I would like to be accessible to everyone, not only by email, but in person, if needed. Therefore, I will have office hours in the Club Room every Tuesday and Thursday, 12pm-2pm. Feel free to stop by and ask me questions, hang out, or just use the club room. I will be working on robotics related work, but if you demand more of my time and attention, you can also book a time by following this link: https://www.google.com/
calendar/b/0/selfsched?. sstoken= UUtaUjczUm5nS0hzfGRlZmF1bHR8OT RjNzUxODM3OTU4YzA4NTViOTYyNzIz ZGU2YmYyZGE
- New Website Look & Management: The website has a new front end, thanks to our Web master, Michael. Check it out at http://robotics.ee.calpoly.
edu/newsite/. Notice in the lower right, there is a live view (updated every 5 seconds) of the club room so you can see who is there. Also notice how clean the room is! A lot of the information is still in progress, so be patient with us, but don’t be afraid to contact us (in moderation) with ideas/concerns. Thank you, Michael, for all your work so far! A high bar is being set…
- Project Funding & RoboMagellan Revival: It has been decided that the Robotics Club will focus its financial effort on a maximum of 1-2 serious projects. However, we will still support projects with our club room, our tools, and our networking & intellect. A serious project that the officers hope to revive would be the RoboMagellan Project. However, it needs a serious project leader! Read about its past at http://robotics.ee.calpoly.
edu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=. Contact us immediately if you are interested in being a project leader for this. No project leader = no project. robomagellan:start