The Cal Poly Robotics Club is an inter-disciplinary club focused on providing hands-on project experience and support for interested students. We have several categories of projects from competition-oriented projects, to professor-suggested or fun projects, to education-outreach events.
- Provide BotShop, a 4-weekend seminar, to provide a background in simple circuit components, soldering, programming, and robot creation
- Support several teams in RoboRodentia put on by IEEE in the Spring
- Improve the structure, professionalism, and documentation of past and current projects
- Improve the availability of officers, including the president, to help and guide members or project leaders in their projects
- Compete in at least one competition this year
- Provide seminars run by knowledgeable students, professors, or industry professionals throughout the year
- Take at least one trip to visit a robotics company, competition, or robotics fair
- Provide other social activities such as study times, barbecues, sports competitions to improve relations among robotics club members and other clubs
- Underwater Remote Operated Vehicle (UROV)
- Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition (IGVC)
- Lego Robotics Mentoring (LRM)
- Balancing Robot
- Barbie Car
- Talk to an officer if you are interested in starting and leading a new project
Why Be Involved?
Once membership fees are paid, you get a free T-shirt and Pizza at all the meetings throughout the entire year. You will receive discounts on club merchandise, on club events, and (possibly) from certain manufacturers. Plus, you don’t have to know ANYTHING to lead or be a member of a project and START learning about robotics and team participation.
- Join a project team and build robots
- $30/year for membership, which includes a club T-Shirt and Pizza year-round
- Get priority in club sponsored events that are open to the campus, ie. BotShop
- Attend meetings to learn more about robotics from speakers
- Participate in club trips and events
- Get club discounts from part suppliers