This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.
robo_rodentia_2011:team4 [2011/06/07 15:13]
robo_rodentia_2011:team4 [2011/06/07 15:41] (current)
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
|====Round 2====||====Round 2====|
|+||To describe round 2 in a word. FAIL.|
|+||Prior to the round we were testing the launch and mobility of the robots to try to fix the problems we encountered. We did not have the time resources to actually correct the problems the right way. We ended up having to play triage doctor with the bots. The red bot could not navigate in a straight line and it interfered with the other bots so we decided to eliminate it from the second round. Our blue bot had black tar from the paint on rubber adhesive peeling off and getting stuck in the white casters in the wheels. We had two professionally coated synthetic rubber omni-wheels that we thought would provide better and more consistent traction. But during the process of installing the new wheels we were given a one minute notice before the start of the second round. We quickly slapped together the wheels without testing the polarity of the motor inputs. When the match began we realized that the motors were incorrectly wired and therefore moving in opposite directions.|
|+||The yellow defensive bot ended up being the only effective bot in round 2. Though by the end of the round it had drifted to the right side of the field and was unable to block any more balls.|